Job Title: Apex Bike Factory Manager
Department: Job Readiness Program
Employment Status: Full-time
Contact: Phil Bailey, email@example.com
The Apex Bike Factory (ABF) Manager is a full-time, 40-hour per week year-round position reporting directly to the Job Readiness Program Manager. The ABF Manager will be primarily responsible for the growth and operation of ABF as a Job Readiness program and business. The ABF Manager will work closely with all program staff, and especially the Job Readiness Program Manager and the Youth Leadership team to enhance the quality of youth experiences at ABF. Their goal is to use the work experiences in the shop to provide any Youth who comes through the program with transferable skills and connections that will help the student to achieve a happy, healthy, and productive life. These experiences include, but are not limited to, learning and mentoring others in bicycle mechanics, workplace communication and accountability, customer service, the marketing and selling of bicycle services and products, inventory management, and more.
The schedule is Tuesday - Saturday, typically from 9:30 - 5:30. Saturdays are required. Candidates must pass a criminal history background check
Apex provides a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid health insurance. Salary: $36,000.
Essential Job Functions:
- Empower youth in their development of job skills and connections, as well as their “shop first” attitude
- Develop experienced youth staff members to mentor youth who are newer to the program
- Mentor and teach youth bike repair skills and mindsets, ideally encouraging other youth to be the primary source of help
- Guide preparation and facilitation of performance reviews alongside the ABF youth leadership team, as applicable
- Emphasize career pathway development for all youth, as applicable
- Coordinate staffing and delivery of bicycle sales and repair service and programming contracts for partners and clients
- Manage youth leaders to maintain records of service and grow online marketplace of products and services
- Oversee quality control of all service and projects, whether for clients or for the ABF Shop
- Foster youth pride in the overall function, order, and cleanliness of the ABF room and shop floor, striving towards youth accountability and independence
- Maintain regular and consistent ABF programming, striving for “first one in, last one out”
- Assist in other programs as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and vision of Apex Youth Connection, and Job Readiness
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience working with youth, especially under resourced youth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in youth leadership development, business management, bike mechanics experience, and educational programming
- Proven problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Respect for and a commitment to diversity and teamwork
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive criminal history background check
- Must have a clean driving record
- At least 25 years old (per vehicle operations policy)
- Provide support for Apex fundraising events and efforts.
- Work to ensure all programs are effectively promoted.
- Oversee purchasing of supplies and materials for all program activities.
- Ensure the maintenance of clean, organized program space.
- Attend all required Apex team functions including meetings and special events.
- Maintain lines of communication with families/parents/guardians and youth through appropriate means, including technologies.
- Ensure all reporting guidelines are complete and submitted on time.
- Collaborate with all staff in developing a range of creative, responsive programs to meet the needs of area youth.
- Other duties as necessary on behalf of our youth and/or Apex Youth Connection.